Wednesday, September 30, 2009

onions and burns

So, I got some great feed back about my suicidal meat problem!

I will look into using a strainer or collander next time.

So now that, that is resolved... I have another question/situation I would like help with.

I made the Shepherd's pie on Sunday night. Throughout the rest of the evening, I kept smelling something. I just thought it was something in the house from the cooking, so I didn't worry about it.

Monday morning, I was sitting in class and started to smell the same thing, so I went through a list in my head.

1) Did I shower? Yes
2) Did I scrub my arm pits? Yes
3) Did I put deodorant on? Yes
4) Do I have clean clothes on? Yes
5) Clean undies? Yes

So, Ok wasn't me right?
Then I proceed to look around the room at those around me, were they clean? Did they put deodorant on?
I tried to let it go, but I just kept smelling in waves.
And then I come to the realization, that yes it WAS me. I had to scratch my nose and I realized that this smell was coming from my fingers. (the one place I didn't think to check off)

I kept trying to think of what it could be causing this horrible smell, and then it hit me! The Shepherd's Pie called for chopped onions. Mmm boy nothing like the warming aroma of chopped onion on your fingers.

Now it is Wednesday, and it is still lingering just a tad.... How does one get rid of this awful smell?
I tried using this thing called the Rub-Away Bar, which supposedly "rubs away" the odor, but alas I am still left with this odor.

So, if you all could help me figure out how to rid myself of chopped onion odor, that would be great.

Oh, and then I got a little burn on my arm from the Pie as well :)