Wednesday, August 19, 2009

plans....

So, my classes started this week... That has been nice to get back into a routine. I am a creature of routine...but yet I am also a creature of spontaneity. How does that work? I don't know, but I know it does.

This week, I plan to prepare this meal....I decided to take a recipe from the queen herself. Mr. Dill is a very healthy man. (I am too, but I have a slightly bigger sweet tooth than he does.)
I try to make things that will both satisfy our healthy hungers, but sometimes I would just love to have McDonald's french fries every night. I mean they are just soo good. Who's with me? (Speaking of McDonald's, they just built a new one where I go to school. This now brings the count of restaurants in that little city to a big number 3).

Anyway, we shall see how cooking this goes. I haven't ever made chicken parmesan before, so it should be interesting!

As far as dessert, I can't decide yet on what to make. I need to try my hand at making a cake again. The first one was a disaster, but the frosting was good :) I will have to get back to you on the dessert!

Oh! That reminds me about the cookies from Friday. They turned out really well. The recipe actually makes about 2 dozen, so there was plenty of extra cookie dough for me to indulge in. Man, I really love cookie dough.

Now, as for the crafting side of my new life, it has yet to begin for a few reasons:

1) Money. Crafting and cooking costs money. I never knew it cost so much. I had to go over to my mom's house the other day to raid her pantry for ingredients of the cookies. That is always my first stop. I think, "Does my mom have that?" Is this cheap? Naw, just smart shopping. Anyway, I want to get a sewing machine. It costs about $170. I think I may have to hold off until Christmas, and just ask the parents for that one, because Mr. and Mrs. Dill just got married and it is called Mr. Dill is the only one with the income at the moment, because Mrs. Dill decided to get her Masters, so things like sewing machines get put off just a little bit. (That may have been a run on sentence) But fear not! I will have a sewing machine and the sewing can commence.

2) Well now that I have made my list, there is really one reason for the lack of craftiness at the moment.

But anyway, I am looking forward to making a new dish this week. Hopefully I will be able to make Queen Martha happy.