Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pizza and Banana Nut Bread!



I never knew how easy it was to make your own pizza at home, but it is easy.

We have a Trader Joe's near us, which is amazing. They have great and healthy food. So we just pick up a 99 cent ball of dough (literally) and some cheese and veggies and we are set.

Mr. Dill is the chef of this homemade pizza. He just lays out the dough, layers what we want on there and bakes it on 350 for about 20 or so minutes. Delicious! I highly recommend trying to make your own.

I have been in the mood to bake something lately. It is tough though. The seasons are changing and now I am stuck. I feel like certain foods go with certain times of the year. But you know what, who says you can't have pecan pie in the summer and key lime pie in the winter? So needless to say, those two items are on my list of baking "to-do's." Also on that list is banana nut bread. I have made this before, but it is so good.

I got the recipe from a former professor's wife. It is a wonderful recipe. I shall share it with you.....

1 1/2 C flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt stirred together. In different bowl, 1 stick margarine, 2 eggs, 1 C sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix 1 1/2 minutes. Add 1/2 C sour cream, 1/2 C chopped pecans, 2 ripe bananas and flour mixture. Mix 30 seconds. Bake in greased bundt pan on 350 for about 35 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

SOO Good.

Also, I wanted to introduce a friend of mine to you. She really helps me when it comes to baking.

Meet Big Red:
isn't she pretty?