Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Progress, progress!

So, I have made some progress on the making of the apron!

I am quite excited. This is the first project that I have had, that doesn't have a teacher with me, or the teacher's step-by-step instructions. This is a project that one has to actually go to the store and buy, and then pray to the good Lord, that it comes out right!

I just wanted to share with you the progress that I am making :

1) I had to make a pocket, and then put it on the front of the apron.....


If you look to the left of the apron and squint, you will see the pocket! That was the first step.

2) The second step was to attach the "flounce." I like the call this part the "pretty swirly fluffy thing." :) This part I was a little nervous about, but was happy with how it turned out. Little did I know, the fabric "flounced" on its own......


Well there we are! Besides doing a little hemming here and there to the ends, that is all I have done so far! I hope to get it done by the end of the week.

Like I said, I am quite pleased. I think if I were to make another one, I would make the pocket and the flounce in a different fabric so you can see them better.

I don't know what will be next on the list, but I know that I sure am craving some Key Lime Pie! Maybe that will be next!